Chris Herbert - Constants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Herbert - Constants

Post by chrisherbert on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:01 am

Hello all, forgive the intrusion. For anyone who might be interested, I have some new music finally available.

A few years ago I made an album for kranky, as an avowed non-musician (a dreadful cliché but true) this was the result of forcing myself to try and make good with domestic materials and manipulated environmental recordings. Intuitive collages built from experiments with minidiscs, tapes, computers and a small array of partially functioning effects. Limited resources, the mother of invention, that sort of caper. I wince a bit at it now but it's okay for what it is.

In the meantime, I've continued woodshedding and refining some of the more successful techniques and ideas and amassed a glut of material which has been kindly picked over by Lawrence English at Room40. I met Lawrence a few years ago and we hit it off and agreed to perhaps do something. In the end there was just too much material for an album so some tracks have been trimmed to let it breathe a bit and remoulded into a taster EP which remains free to download.

The full second album, Constants, is ready to go - it's already available digitally at some online outlets but physical copies should percolate through to the usual culprits in a week or two if you want to hold out for a copy locally.

http://emporium.room40.org/products/532246-chris-herbert-constants

I'm really happy to finally pull some of this material together, as the blurb from the link above hints at this has been culled from a long gestation over the last few years when balancing work and the domestic vortex of early fatherhood meant little time to work on music although it's still my favourite thing in the world to do.

Slightly daunted at the prospect of a release but intrigued and excited too. I sincerely hope you like it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Herbert - Constants

Post by CircuitJerk on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:19 am

love the texture of Soft Quasars. fantastic sound palette.

grabbing the free EP now! thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisherbert on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks CircuitJerk that's lovely of you to say and thanks for listening, it means a lot. I've just noticed you've posted the CALM_DISC EP, I'll be sure to check it out.

(There's a few older bits and pieces to stream and download at via SoundCloud and Bandcamp.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Davodintei on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 am

CircuitJerk wrote:love the texture of Soft Quasars. fantastic sound palette.

grabbing the free EP now! thanks for sharing.

I can only second that. Astonishing work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top