Power Ambient

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Power Ambient

Post by HC on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:03 am

Very interesting... I think it was the sound of 2013 as well, but sure, let's throw a label out there! Smile
HC
Admin

View user profile http://reviews.headphonecommute.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by soillodge on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Cool article, and I am happy that experimental music is getting more of the spotlight. This kind of experimental industrial "scoring", has been going on for decades in the underground cassette mailing and back room subterranean nite-club world. Only now it is more acceptable for any artist to open up that envelope and just create things without borders or constraints. Noise and dissonance is more apparent and desirable as a contrast to the over produced harmonies and crisp over-dubbed "soulless", instrumentation of the late 90's and 2000's . IMO I feel that has to do with the dismantling of the traditional music industry and how artists can freely use the internet to promote and distribute their work as well as communicate directly with their audience.

In short though, I am thrilled I can bust out my records by NON, Merzbow, and Coil and tell the hipsters I am exploring "power ambient", music. Razz

`michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top