Vinyl / Cd / Mp3 / Streaming: What is your format of choice.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vinyl / Cd / Mp3 / Streaming: What is your format of choice.

Post by Sadguru on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Topic is pretty self explanatory. Took me about 10 years to make the transition to the digital format, and it wasn't a smooth one. But yeah, I'm there now. Anyway, I would say 75% of my purchases go digital, 20% cds, 5% vinyl and 0% streaming.

What about you guys?

Back to top Go down

Re: Vinyl / Cd / Mp3 / Streaming: What is your format of choice.

Post by JAM on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:39 pm

I think I'm the true oddball nowadays: probably still 90% cd, the rest mostly digital. Love vinyl and still have a ton but don't find myself buying it anymore. It's just too expensive, and I've lazily come to prefer listening to an uninterrupted 70-minute cd versus getting up to fill over an LP every 25 minutes. And streaming just rubs me the wrong way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadguru on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Yep, I'm definitely in the same case when it comes to vinyl. I live in Canada and on average, a vinyl will cost 35-40 euros, shipping incl., which means about 55-60$. At that price, I'm not even sure I'll receive the item in good condition. Most often than not, the sleeve has been damaged in transport. On top of that, as you pointed out, flipping the vinyl four times can be a pain in the ass, as I like my listening session to be uninterrupted. Still, I consider it as a supreme collector item and one I fall for from time to time, just not as much as I used to.

Here's a favourite of mine:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4062/4653937972_d7626da52f_z.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top