Latest obsession - guitar pedals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest obsession - guitar pedals

Post by jkn on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:15 pm

I've been into synths since about 1983/84 (when I was 13) - and have almost everything I've bought over the years. I rarely traded or sold off stuff. Started playing bass in bands when I was 19 - and finally my wife bought me a guitar when I was 40. So - guitar pedals are my new obsession. Wonderful little boxes - a few knobs - chain them together to do wonderful things to sound. I put any instrument through everything - I've often put guitar/bass through the modular synth - and synths through pedals.

Small collection - but love these:

• Catalinbread - Echorec
  • Malekko - Ekko 616
  • Tech 21 - Blonde
  • Tech 21 - VT Bass
  • Devi Ever - Torn's Peaker

Something from Earthquaker Devices is likely my next purchase. Afterneath, The Depths, The Warden, have all caught my eye and ear.

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest obsession - guitar pedals

Post by fpaterlini on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 am

I also own a Catlinbread - Echorec pedal: sounds really awesome! Until I will own a real Binson, of course Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by jkn on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:28 am

Yeah - love that Echorec. I'm finally exploring it more and experimenting with it.

I love that immediate response of pedals and analog modular - things that have sliders. Tactile soundsculpting. I'm a hardware guy... for the most part. But then, piano is my first love, so being into hardware probably makes sense. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by soillodge on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:01 pm

I have always loved guitar pedals. Even to the point of just making sound built from feedback FX of multiple pedals. A few of my favourites.

-Electro-Harmonix -MemoryMan [& variants]
-Alesis -Bitrman
-Frostwave -Sonic Alienator & Resonator
-4ms -Atoner & Noiseswash
-MXR -Carbon Copy & Analog Chorus

`michael

Back to top Go down

Post by soillodge on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Anyone had first hand experience with the pedals from Mooer? I have read reviews and seen a bunch of Youtube demos. But the things are so mini, and they are soo cheap. It just throws out red flags for me. Are they good quality solid state electronics? Are they well built? The sound overall appears impressive and I like that they seem to all have true-bypass capability. but the size and the price just seems too good to be true. www.mooeraudio.com

`michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top