Grzegorz Bojanek - works...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grzegorz Bojanek - works...

Post by Bojanek on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello Everybody,

Maybe some of you heard about me, maybe not... My name is Grzegorz Bojanek and I am interested mostly in organic ambient, with a lot of guitars and instruments, DIY stuff, etc. Whenever I have something new, I will post in here and I will not create a new topic, just add another post about another release.

So here is my latest EP called "Live in Shenzhen" I recorded it with my friend Zen Lu. It is an improvised, live ambient act recorded during the ChoP Festival 2013 in Shenzhen, in Idutang Space. It is not very long, so I hope you won't be bored.

Live in Shenzhen - EP by Zen Lu & Grzegorz Bojanek

It if FREE (yes - Name Your Price), because we are collecting money for the airplane ticket, for my friend Zen, who wants to come from China to play some gigs in Poland. If you can somehow support his ticket, than feel free to donate any amount, if not - grab the music for FREE and enjoy it.

I hope you gonna like it. Thank you.

Greg

Back to top Go down

Re: Grzegorz Bojanek - works...

Post by Davodintei on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 am

You guys make wonderful music...I've just donated a little something and I hope that Zen can make it to Poland one day.
Best wishes to you and keep us updated with your music Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bojanek on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Thank you very much! We are happy you like the music! Yes, We gonna make it! Please check the ChoP project blog to see what are the plans for the events in October (in China) and December (in Poland). This blog gives more than just information, we try to describe every day of our trips...

chop-project.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davodintei on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:59 am

Happy for you that it's gonna work out. Amazing how music connects people over the world...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bojanek on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Here is my release for the great Twin Springs Tapes label established by Matt Barlow (Thank you Matt!). "Warm Winter Music" was published on a cassette and quickly sold out (thank you, too!)

Here is the review by Frans de Waard from Vital Weekly. I especially like one sentence (in bold) :-) Anybody interested?

A tape dealing with the past winter period, which, certainly here in Europe very mild. I loved every minute of it, but that's me being peculiar. In this period Bojanek recorded these two pieces of music, using guitar, piano, double bass, flute, melodica, synths and field recordings. So far I assumed Bojanek was more a man for laptop music, but he proofs me wrong here. Both sides of this tape are filled with a rather nice stream of unconsciousness sounds, all flowing into each other and then out again. It seems more or less loosely improvised to a multi-track and mixed down blindfolded. Its rather warm music, reminding me of the work of Machinefabriek, Giuseppe Iealasi, Andrea Belfi, Andrew Chalk and such like, not too focussed on a composition per se, but also not too improvised and falling apart into small particles. Both of these pieces have an excellent tranquil atmosphere, introspective, drone like, Zen like if you want. Very gentle, very refined. This should be re-issued on a CD(R), I would say and if not it would be a good idea perhaps someone could commission Bojanek to do something similar one day. The best work I heard from him. (FdW)

And here is the digital version on my BandCamp

https://bojanek.bandcamp.com/album/warm-winter-music

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top